RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models Sky Raider Mach II
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 01:57 PM
BlackB12
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models Sky Raider Mach II

I have a skyraider with about 200+ flights on it in a year. Started with a Supertigre GS40 engine with a 10x6 prop. Great combo. The plane flew fast and smooth, full throttle dives tracked well and no flutter, not even a hint. I then was given a supertigre 51. Put that on and it was a real screamer with unlimited and FAST vertical, and a little more speed on the level. The plane still held together. I used locktight on the stab bolts and they've never loosened even with all these hard flights. I then moved the ST51 to another plane and now I put the 40 back on the skyraider. Fuse basket weave covering was looking like crap so I stripped it. Then one day the top of wing lost it's covering midflight! I just keep patching areas as they fall off. It's uglier than sin, but that's part of the charm. Still flies sooo smooth and precise. I keep trying to find it's limits, even holds up to full speed snaps. They look violent, but it keeps flying. So far the entire bottom covering (pink from the factory!) is still tight and holding on fine. Definitely worth 69 bucks. Oh as far as weak landing gear, I don't agree. Mine flopped hard a couple times, hard enough to bend the gear back to the wing, but never broke the LG block. Once though I lost an elevator servo on landing approach and it basically froze and went in at about a 45 degree angle, basically a landing with no flare. Snapped the prop, and cracked, I'll say it again, cracked the hardwood block. Five minute epoxy thinned with a heat gun flowed into the crack and fixed the gear block good as new. I probably have 400 landings on it easy as I do a lot of touch and goes with this plane. Sure is one great flying, cheap, durable and most of all, UGLY plane, especially now. See pic!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63004.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	716197   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44508.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	716198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56114.jpg
Views:	109