RCU Forums - View Single Post - Designed a Balsa DLG
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Bandit 557

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Designed a Balsa DLG

The air foil is a close copy of Mark Drela AG 36. The wings leading edge is straight and square to the fuse, so it's not a forward swept wing or is it? Do you go by the leading edge or the spar? If the wings should straight with the spar then I can change that, I've never designed a plane before other then a SPAD and those are not as fussy as a glider.

I will remove the lightening holes from the tail features. The ribs are all numbered and I will change the plan so that they are clearly readable. I added several light gray lines to show which way the wood grain goes and added several notes of what woods I'll use to build this. Is there a way to get a better view of this plan uploaded on the here? The conversion into jpg. format loses a lot.

I'd like to get these plans cleaned up so that I can start building while recovering from surgery next week, so any and all help is well come.

Thermal flight with this would be great, but if not it should be a good sloper, and the fact that Lake Michigan's West shore line is 1/4 mile from home makes sloping pretty easy.