RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)
Old 07-05-2007, 02:20 AM
grizz1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Hey Louis, I am still here bro. I have been hammering the overtime at work (92 hours a week the last fortnight), to pay for a well earned holiday and some buggy retail therapy Consequently I have not had much time for bashing or surfing the forum.

Got the buggy out for a quick blast this afternoon and stacked it into a kerb. Snapped off the screw that holds the bottom steering ball joint to the steering hub. Actually it didn't break the screw, it stripped the thread out of the alloy steering hub, so I will be waiting for parts again to get me back on the road. I am slowly building up a parts reserve for speedy repairs, but a steering hub I don't have in my collection.

I missed out on that Rossi P5 engine too. Someone bid over NZ$400 for it (around $360 Aus). I would have needed to buy a pipe and header as well (NZ$159), so I flagged it at that price - pity, as I could picture it sitting snuggly in the Bazooka [&o]

Never mind, I have a cunning plan that I am saving my dollars for. I am thinking a second new Bazooka with a Go Tech 7 port .21 engine (with stage 5 mod) and Hong Nor pipe and header from Massive Mods. Spektrum reciever and Blue Bird servos. This will allow me to use my current Bazooka as a out and out basher, while giving me a full supply of spare parts on hand to always keep my good car on the road.
I could buy a locally sold model with parts availability, but I am sort of fond of the Bazooka now, and am impressed with it strength and all round performance for the price. I can't get anything locally that is as strong for under $1000 without radio gear fitted.
Also there is supply of Kyosho MP 777 parts available here which I can also use on the Bazooka. Can any of you wise heads see any pitfalls in my little scheme for a performance buggy ? Go Tech engines OK ?

I look forward to your comments fellow bashers [8D]