RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...
Old 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Have to go to work so still no time to read and reply yet (I did print out the last few pages from the old thread and this one to read over a cup of coffee). By the way, kind'a sad to see the old thread slowly sink down the page as it gets older. Sort'a like a sinking ship that had to be set adrift. [] Wanted to throw this up real quick...

Did the wing loading on the Big'N just now. Can't remember if the wing width near the tips is 7 or 8" (before the angle cuts to the 6" tips), but either way even at 7" the wing surface area is 564 and the wing loading is only 15.319 ready to fly. That's right at Trainer range. If I use 8" it's 14.418 ounces of loading per square foot (getting in the glider area). My two wireless setups only weigh a few ounces. Pocket camcorder is like 2 to 5 ounces, so even with one of those in use the plane will still be trainer range.

Picking up some servo plug locks today to prevent them coming unplugged in flight. Could use tape after plugging them in but that'll be a pain to deal with every time I assemble the plane. Got to paint some black stripes on this thing. Think it will make it look way better. Plane still doesn't look as good as in person. This camera must not like red or something. A few more pictures...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69703.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	716786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40732.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	716787