RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models Sky Raider Mach II
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Sean C
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: World Models Sky Raider Mach II

ORIGINAL: binky99

Bernowt, I am building one now and your right....foam around the fuel tank is next to impossible. To try and cushion the fuel tank, I cut 3 pieces of fuel line .....2 at about an inch long and 1 at an inch and a half long. I then sliced all three pieces and fit them over the bulkhead at the rear of the tank. Thinking about it now.....I should have done the same to the square stock that is epoxied in at the back of the tank. Hopefully I will have this thing up and flying by the weekend..............I will let you know how it did.
The fuel tank that comes with the plane is a 370cc (12.5oz). I replaced mine with a world models 320cc (10.8oz) so that I could get some 1/4" foam around it and between the tank and firewall. No more fuel foaming for me. [8D]

ORIGINAL: BlackB12

Oh as far as weak landing gear, I don't agree. Mine flopped hard a couple times, hard enough to bend the gear back to the wing, but never broke the LG block.
Sorry, I just meant the wire landing gear, not the blocks. But I suppose its better to bend than break... [&:]