RCU Forums - View Single Post - Troubling observations about brushless . . .
Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
RURC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Troubling observations about brushless . . .

ORIGINAL: morespeed

anybody know what the novak 8.5 supersport motor draws in amps compared to the
MM5700. i know the MM5700 IS 100A.
The pro is 280 watts and the standard is 225 watts. That works out to be 39 amps for the pro and 31 amps for the standard. That max with the max voltage of 7.2 volts. This is the biggest reason that the Novak and LRP work so smoothly with nixx batteries. They dont draw that much power comparatively. The esc is rated at a max of 120 amps for brakeing only. I dont know how they separate this out but this is their spec not mine.

The Mamba Max esc is rated at 100 amps continous (not max) in foward or reverse with peaks higher than 200 for moments. I have seen 265 amps for 1.5 seconds useing a Eagle Tree data logger goos to 300 amps. I have seen the meter peg out for 1/2000 of a second in 1/8 scale buggies. Both of these were under brakeing (where the highest current draw occurs) and had no effect on the working of the esc.

The CM36 motors (the green motors that they sell with the Mamba Max esc) are rated at 1000 watts. This translates to 139 amps with the same working voltage of 7.2 which is a 6 cell nixx battery. This is why I tell people that nixx batteries, no matter the brand, can not begin to supply the current that a Mamba Max with the CM36 motor CAN draw. But still there are those that argue with me on this. Pitty they will not look at the math and understand.

Now when you say the MM5700 I assume that you are talking about the Mamba Max esc with the CM3657 motor. People need to make a clear distinction on this. THe Mamba Max is the esc not the system or the motor just the esc. When you see a post that just says MM or Mamba Max this dose not mean that they are useing a CM36xx motor. I only have 2 CM36xx motors and 12 Mamba Max esc's. Just a note to try to help.