RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine for Midwest Super Stinker
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 01:19 AM
JoeAverage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine for Midwest Super Stinker

The venerable G-38. I find it turns an 18x8 with a tad more authority than a G26. Not worth the weight penalty in a Super Stinker to me, this doesn't berate it's value as a great engine though. Few can have it all ways. Better a magneto than lead for balancing a model. The 38 is smooth and reliable. I'm sure everyone may be familiar with what Toni Clark of Germany is doing with Zenoah acc.'s. I happily invest in this stuff. Intake manifolds that turn 90% to use the fuselage to muffle intake noise and keep out debris for starters. Custom exhausts and building acc.'s that make one believe that building is still alive and well supported.

Attached are a couple configurations of the G38 with a 2.8 to 1 reduction unit either side or stacked. There are a great number of custom mounts, exhausts and manifold available from Toni. Dig deep, for me anyway,$$, but this stuff is a joy to use for all sizes. I use G62 and G26 acc.'s from Toni.

Observe the Curtis Jenny and it's weight and the fact it is flown by a reduced G38, ZG38 if in Europe. This says a lot for me to the integrity and staying power of the G38.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29651.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	717650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83054.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	717651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49941.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	64.9 KB