RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who would win on curiousity...handling/speed
Old 07-07-2007, 04:27 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who would win on curiousity...handling/speed

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

ORIGINAL: naynay12

Hi,i want to know if a savage x ss that had 3 speed,and a nice engine such as an lrp,of stsd30m, would win against a stock lst2?
Also how would it compare against a revo 3.3?
Is the lst2 or revo 3.3 faster stock?

Ok and also is a savage has LCG EXT TVP'S,a nice steering servo,mist tank mod possibly,how would its handling stack up to an lst2/revo?
Thanks,all my questions are just on curioustity and how the savage stacks up NOT durability wise.
The Savage with a LRP Spec 3 or a STS30 and a 3spd will give a LST2 or a REVO 3.3 a spanking IN A STRAIGHT LINE if it can keep itself off its lid. That will be the challlenge....you can't win races upside down. A LST 2 and Revo will kill it on a track hands down due to superior design and superior handling of those platforms. The LST2 and REVO both have race bred pedigree in their engineering; the Savage does not. This will show in the overall performance of the vehicle. I know some guys will flame away on what I just typed, but the truth hurts sometimes.[8D][>:]
I agree here 100%. Though I am a Savage fan and am totally biased in favor of Savage, I do realize that the Savage is a heavy beast of a vehicle that is meant and designed primarily as a basher and not as a racer.

The LST2 and Revo (2.5 and 3.3) have a superior center of mass (or "CG" ) both on the X-Y and Y-Z planes. What I mean is that the CG of these vehicles are much lower than that of a stock Savage, even an X, and the CGs, from veiwing the vehicles at the top, are located in the middle along the center line (or close to it as much as possible).

Addidtionally, the Revo, for example, does its best to shed weight at the extremities (i.e. make it lighter towards the wheels). I think the LST also might try to do that as well.

These three designed features (CG close to ground, CG as close to the miggld and center line of the truck as possible, reducing weight towards the wheels) all promote better handling. Lowering the CG to the ground makes of less rollovers at a give speed. the CG in the middle of the truck and fucusing the weight as much as possible there reduces something that is called a moment of intertia. This means that the truck does not have to fight against as much of its oevn weight to turn.

These design features alone allow the vehicle to turn on dimes at faster speeds like a nimble jackrabbit zigzagging and juking a hungry wolf.