RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who would win on curiousity...handling/speed
Old 07-08-2007, 09:35 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who would win on curiousity...handling/speed

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Though I'm a total Savage fanatic,( trying to speak objectively here..)I'm just inclined to say the LST2 is the better all-around truck..(especially if you talk stock - which you should IMO..) To the person who said drop the LRP Spec 3 in a Sav, well, you can also drop one in an LST2..(with a FOC conversion too..) Then see what happens.. I only bash, so if it's gonna be for heavy bashing, landing on concrete, thrashing around a skate-park or gravel pit or whatever, I take the Savage cuz it's the toughest truck out there, period.. (plus I also have more backup parts.., which helps..) For me the LST2 is more for ramps in the grass - and IDEALLY for a BMX track or whatever if I can ever find one... I baby it a little - or at least am more cautious(or less uncautious..) than I am with the Sav, cuz I don't want to break it and have to order stuff from god-knows-where... For me(being subjective now..) they're both great trucks, with really high, worth-the-money fun factors, and more or less equal - but for slightly different things and in slightly different ways..(though I tend to doubt all the claims that a Savage could EVER handle as well as an LST2....) Really glad to have both.

Anyway, the reason the Losis all look so bulky is just the wheels. You can also drop some normal size tires and wheels on to lighten things up, and reduce the bulky look.. The Aftershock and Bug thing I think come with the old style LST1 tires and wheels - which would probably be the first thing I would change.. I love the wheels on the LST2 though. They're HUGE, but great for bashing....

you make some good points here are some more the savage cost $400 the LST2 cost $560 I get better tires, shocks, radio, engine, brakes, rev, high & low gears and steering for $160 more. like I said before stock for stock LST2 is the hole package. I like my savage it's the stronger of the trucks and with the 3spd it's even better. you can do what me and PatrickBW did buy both