RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kougar Build
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 06:47 PM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sig Kougar Build

So far I have theTail feathers and fuse nearly ready:
I sheeted the wings with 10" wide sheeting from Balsa USA, using 3M 77(old formula). Had fairly good success as this is my first attempt at sheeting foam wings. As you can see, I have done extensive modifications inn order to lighten the airframe. Since this is going to be powered by an Axi 2826-10 and 4 or5 S Lipo I needed to remove some of the weight in the tail.
I'm going to order some Robart strut covers and scale wheels as well.
Oh yeah, I need some suggestions for a pilot please.
I'm considering covering mine in aluminum Ultra Cote with some accent stripes sorta like an F--86.
Tomorrow night I may get the time to shape the trailing and leading edges and get ready to join the wings. Any tips?
I used Gorilla glue for the leading and trailing edges as it was quite easy to "butter" the wood with a thin putty knife and then tape it securely to the wing. Works quite well and not as messy as epoxy and stronger then using the Sig Bond as recommended in the instructions.
For servos I'm using Hitec HS-225BB.
Castle Creations Phoenix 60 and Apogee LiMn 5S 3800 packs. I would like to test it with a 3 blade prop, such as Graupner as they are considered the best 3 blade.
Oh well, that's enough for now.
Cheers jollyroger