RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pattern Ships from the "Golden Age"
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 02:23 AM
piroflip2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pattern Ships from the "Golden Age"

ORIGINAL: Rcflyer22407

OK...thats the only way I was going to mount the servos....even without any cutouts in the wing...I was wanting to keep it original.
Now the tuff question: How do I attach the ailerons and elevators to the aluminum rods that are installed in the trailing edges??
FYI: The rod is hollow with the leading edges of ailerons and elevators grooved so they fit over the rod. Now, how to attach.
I hate to remove the rods and install with hinges. Any answers? thannks again!

HI there

I have a Calypso that I built from an MK kit in the late 80s and flew in F3A.
The kit came with plastic clips that slid onto the tubes, very similar to the GreatPlanes Flatana foamie 3D.
But where as the Flatana clips snapped into place the Calypso ones did not, they had to be slid from the end.
The idea was to stop control surface twist by gluing the ails, elevs, and rudder to an ally rod. Of course the control surface arms were also glued to the tube. It goes without saying though that these clips needed to be slid onto the tube BEFORE the tube was glued to the control surface so it looks like you are snookered. Perhaps the guy who started the kit did not read the instructions, realised his mistake, abandoned the kit, and binned the clips.

best of luck piroflip