RCU Forums - View Single Post - New TA04 and TT01
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:17 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New TA04 and TT01

Updates: Other than the rear belt being damaged the TA04 is still as it was the last time. However the TT01 has undergone some mods.

First off the wheels/tires. For whatever reason I'm still running the stock tires on the TA04, but the tires on the TT01 wore out after the first weekend. To replace them I found a set of Orion tires that were too cheap to pass up and this time I got my brother a much harder compound. Because they're D compound (no they're not drift tires) they definitely don't have the grip the stockers did, but on hot asphalt they work pretty well for our purposes. Unfortunately while trying to boil the old tires off, the Enzo wheels completely warped! [>:]

After a trip to the hobby shop my brother wound up with these HPI wheels.

During a trip to the local hobby shop my brother got this motor heatsink/fan combo. For only $10 it works pretty well. It's wired up so whenever he has his receiver switch turned on the fan runs. When we first got it the fan was setup to suck air away from the motor, but it seemed much more effective with the motor blowing cool air over the motor/heatsink so we flipped it over.