RCU Forums - View Single Post - Copperhead Venom 45
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 08:55 AM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Copperhead Aviation Venom 45-30

ORIGINAL: mfuess
I have a Brillelli 46 that has at least 20 gallons run through it, and except for a little brown on top it looks brand-new. All I have ever used in it was Pennzoil 2-Cycle oil at 32:1. My Venom 45 in my Pitts Monster has well over 200 flights and the piston is still shiny on the skirt and a little brown on top. Same oil... You couldn't pay me enough money to switch to another lubricant.
And you have a lot experience taking a lot of motors apart to see the effects of different oils right?

I think I may stick with Pennzoil as well. If you take a look at the Ultralight oil tests link I posted, they test against a popular synth. as well. You can see that the synth is nearly as good as Pennzoil in some places and better in other places....however the buildup is worse basically because they are mixing it at 50:1. The article describes that they intend to run the tests at 50:1 even though a lot of folks using synth mix at lower quantities. A lower ratio would probably leave a lot less buildup then maybe even the Pennzoil at the expensive possibly of engine life. So there is a bit of a toss up there between the petroleum based lubes and the synths.