RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Funtana Crash Rebuild and Conversion to Gas
Old 07-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Sneasle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Funtana Crash Rebuild and Conversion to Gas

Ya. I bought some of the smaller threaded couplers from dubro, that usually take like.. a .7" rod soldered in. I bought some CF that is just large enough to slide in there. It is a tight fit, but it slides without restriction. I was thinking I could go in and rough up the inside of the brass and the CF and hopefully get a good glue joint with some thin CA pooled in the bottom (If it pools, it doesn't harden).

I was thinking about this route because I still want some adjustment in the linkage. When you start getting this small though, the CF doesn't normally have a hole in it, which only leaves you with the tube on the outside option. I was going to connect the threaded coupler to a clevis to the servo horn, and then take a small piece of music wire and make a Z-Bend in it and then glue it to the CF rod on the other end with some thread reinforcement wrapped over the joint, and then some heat shrink over that.

I was doing the clevis on the servo end and the z-bend on the horn end because the horn has suck small holes and the holes are spaced so close together that I cannot widen them to take the clevis without destroying the horn, and replacing the horn isn't really an option without cutting the aileron open (I am not willing to do that).