RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super New
Thread: Super New
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Sicarius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super New

Hey everybody,

You know - I really did want to just post in the old and giant ParkZone J3 Cub Park Flyer thread, but I wanted to be special. I wanted to devote an entire thread to me and my own adventures. Maybe this way more people will notice me and ridicule me and all my unfortunate mishaps!

So, just a little introduction, my name is Greg and I'm 19 years old. Only in the past year or so have I shown interest in RC planes and I am trying to start a little trend hopefully. For my 19th birthday I got my first RC Plane, a PZ J3-Cub Park Flyer. After reading a lot of threads I have come to the conclusion that many people have crashed it numerous times and it is not the greatest starter plane for most RC Pilots - oh well.

Continuing on - I guess I will hook your interest with a little bit of a funny story. As ecstatic as I was to get my plane, I assembled it right away and fired up the engine. Ooo - I was surprised at how much wind that little propeller produced. I took it out into my cottage yard, which was surrounded with trees as I just couldn't wait for an open field. Engine FULL, Joystick down - Throw..uhh,, sub par. The plane released from my hand and had less airtime than the WRIGHT BROTHERS. It crashed quicker than well...Let's just say it didn't even fly. The propeller snapped into two pieces and well - I was sad. Since then (two weeks later), I have had little time to fly it and when I do I am scared that something worse is going to happen. I'm waiting for my confidence level to rise a bit more.

Anyway, I'm thinking about taking it out tomorrow and I just want a few tips I guess from any experienced flyers. I figure that rather than getting a trainer, I'd ask around on the internet first and see if people can give me quick hints.

I have accepted that this Piper will definetly crash, it's part of flying, but I do want maybe a couple of hints from you guys to you know, decrease the chances of a hard impact.

------

First question: When it crashed at the cottage, should I have thrown it harder, I pretty much just you know gave it a little shove into the air? How hard should I chuck this thing *kisses bicep*?
Second Question: If I do cave in and accept defeat with this and look for a trainer - where would be the best place to find one in the Toronto, Ontario area? Should I ask the dude @ the Plane shop

-------

Thanks for your time. I would take pretty pictures, but you all know what the plane looks like I bet.