RCU Forums - View Single Post - JWM 2007
Thread: JWM 2007
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 10:09 PM
S HARRIS
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JWM 2007

Wow!! What a day. I spent at least 4 hours on the phone with American Airlines about this issue, Last night at the airport I couldn't even get someone to sign a document saying they were witness to the missing turbine.they wanted me to leave and then file a claim with the TSA over the internet.NO WAY!!!!After requesting a airport cop and insisting on him making a stolen property report did they start talking. First they went back and forth, (TSA and AA) about who was responsible.Then AA produces a document with all events about the removal of a model airplane engine with fuel smell. I know they were just doing their job, but only 24 hours to correct a problem doesn't seem enough time. Like John said earlier it was very near being destroyed. OUCH!![]So I learned alot about shipping airliner. I should have wrapped it up in a plastic bag and maybe this would not happed in the first place.It's times like these when you find friends who really care when the chips are down. JOHN ROTH is a fine person in my book. He took the time to put up with me this morning and spent his LUNCH BREAK at Ohare Airport to recover my Turbine.I'll owe him BIG TIME!!!
Anyway JWM2007, What can I say. The event was a bit unorganized.A long distance between the tents and the actual Hangar where static was. Lack of internet connections (just inconvenient) Between that and the weather made for alot of concern whether or not we would get all the rounds in. But that worked out fine.Actually finished on Friday.This also allowed us to do alot of site seeing. A beautiful place too visit. I actually drove over 1800 miles on the left side of the road with any wrecks.LOL That was interesting to say the least.
Great team to travel with this year. Dewey and Shulman were a great addition. Doc Yates did a great job and well appreciated by all team members.I seemed to suffered thru the event. After a better Static than expected score I just couldn't seem to get the flying part together. With at least 3 lock outs in the 1st round,2nd round a check ride for the 2.4 gig system,which I must say is very good and allows you to check the link after the flight(really Cool part).And with some improvement in the 3rd I was relieved it was over with everything still in one piece.I have a bunch of pics to share with you guys later.
Thank again to all those who gave us support, Ron I made sure to Tip A Guiness for you and all my other beer drinking buddies.Ribbe, sorry to hear about the MIG. Get that bird fixed soon.I'm missing mine already. Think I'll be giving Shulnman a call soon.I'l be sure to post my pics soon. Later Scott