RCU Forums - View Single Post - JWM 2007
Thread: JWM 2007
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 07:19 AM
mikehannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JWM 2007

Hi
As a spectator I was very disappointed with the WJM. I arrived to see the last two days of the event only to find that the flying was almost over and there was no access to the models. Given the variable Irish weather that the event suffered I can understand that they got on with the event when they got the weather but not considering spectators ( especially after the gate price) was in my opinion a very poor show. If they did finish early they should have had a contingency plan in place.
I arrived back on the Saturday expecting to see the awards and display( as advertised) only to watch what later turned out to be a debacle of an awards presentation, no display and to be stiffed £7.50 for the privilege. If I had been told at the gate that there was no display I probably would have gone in anyway but I would have liked to have been given the option.

Some of the pilots made an effort to put something on and I think I speak for the rest of the Spectating Modelling public when I say a "Big thank you".

The Electric Ducted fan was incredible and I was very impressed with the Electic Helicopter as well. The off the peg displays by the other jet pilots were also very memorable ( stunning display by two Mig 29s) and the Sports Flash.

M