RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super New
Thread: Super New
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Sicarius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super New

So, I went out to fly it. Unfortunately the wind picked up a bit though and I was to anxious so I did it anyway!.

The broken propeller that I glued back together snapped immediately when I was just playing around with it on a baseball field, so i quickly ran back to my car and got the other one, put it on and went back out. Now the wind was even more windy - I'm a fool.

I threw it, this time it didn't hit the ground immediately, it went up into the air. HUZZAH! The park I was in was a bit smaller than I remembered it and I didn't fly it SUPER high as the wind was TEARING the plane up in the air. Boom Crash. Wait, no hard crash. Oh well, nothing broke which was good, even though it fell straight down on the propeller. I tried again and 2 minutes later the wind was scary so i took it down. I'd say my landing on this attempt was a little more of a landing and less of a crash, which was great! Later I crashed into a tree, that was exciting. My final landing i was losing control because of the wind so I cut the engine and just started using it like a glider, I flew it around a tree with no power and then a PERFECT LANDING. I don't mean perfect for a beginner, I mean the plane used it's wheels and slowly came to a stop about 10 meters later. I don't even know how I did it, but I was proud of myself!

I have to say at this point as fun as it was to fly it, I think I just flew in too windy of a condition because the majority of the time I was just fighting the wind. I am also surprised at the durability of the plane, I was honestly expecting it to just break into billions of pieces on that first crash, and the tree crash. I can't wait for this darn wind to calm a bit to get out there again!

I think I Just found super tough conditions for a beginner and surprised at how successful I was. It was also a great spirit booster that I landed my last attempt and I didn't have to really fix anything at all today!

That's it, I'm hooked!