RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rebuild....but different
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:30 PM
rabraaten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rebuild....but different

Well, after far more information than I expected here's where my brain is now. After looking at the wing and plane I think I am going to leave the dihedral in as it is. When I straighten the rudder hinge I am going to lose some of the static area of my vert stab. I will brace the stab so it will not move. The straightening process will, with slight addition, give me the desired increase in rudder authority I think I want today.

I think I am going to go with a low wing configuration as I have to repair my aileron torque rods and the surrounding wing anyways. I'll just switch the rods left for right so they stick up instead of down, Then mount the servo in the middle of the top of the wing. I don't suppose that any of the mods I've been thinking about will do anything at all to improve the knife edge characteristics of the plane but hopefully I'll at least get a decent four point roll out of it.

Seems that with all of the aerodynamics that are involved with the original design and with the 'updates' I'll be 'engineering' into it, it looks like the maiden is just gonna be plane fun. I guess it all boils down to how adventurous I actually feel when it comes time to build and how much my brain is actually working with a hobby knife and glue in my hands. After all.... its not rocket science.