RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weston Magnum
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 AM
asimace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weston Magnum

Well... I must say instead that I just couldn't want more in quality from my MagnumR... this is my second one after having a first generation Magnum and the quality is much better than the first one.
I just finished assembling mine 3 weeks ago and it took me not more than 4 or 5 hours... everything was just perfect and didn't need any work to get the pieces in place... of course I did spend an hour or so passing over all the covering but I do this on any ARF, of any maker...
After about 20 or so flights the covering is now still perfectly in place (I did have some covering problems with the first generation instead... on the new one they have changed it).
Anyway I changed the black and white chequered covering on the underside of the wing with high visibility fluo orange... that is the only thing I didn't like of the MagnumR when I took it out of the box.
The engine mount is already in place, it just needs to be tightened well with some thread-locker.
No problems with the hinges, just used some super-thin CA and they are in place, and my ailerons are just the right size, leaving 1 mm or so on both ends.
I actually used only CA to assemble the model... even the tail planes and the fin...
My aerial tube arrives all the way to the back and has a hole ready to let the aerial out, even though I didn't need it because I'm using the Spektrum system. In any case I wouldn't call that a problem!
Suggested rates are ok even though I use a good amount of expo.
You are right about the glide, but the Magnum is not a glider... and those fast landings are just part of the fun!
As soon as the fuel ends you just have to be quick to point the field and land.
I have CG just behind the aft one Weston suggests and I can flare well on the final and the model slows down very nicely and then slips on the grass for about 5 meters after touch down.
For just 139 euro I couldn't ask more... and it won't be my last one either I think.
This is funny, we seem to be talking about two different models!
Ciao, Mauri