RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone Micro Cessna
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 05:17 PM
tweedy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Micro Cessna

I just picked one up today at Ultimate Hobbies in Anaheim CA for $119.99
Just took it out for a test flight under the street light. It is not a slow flyer the best way to describe it would be that it flies like a much larger model something like a fairly hot 3 channel job from the 60s like Ken Willards Top Dwag to fly it in a confined space you need to use lots of elevator to bring it around the turns and if you try to slow it down to much it will drop out of the sky it has a LED that lights up the fuselage making it easy to see at night it is light enough that it seems to bounce of obstacles without damage the servos look similar to the Wes-teknic type with enough torque to fly a much larger plane I wonder how much larger a motor the ESC can handle? Both servos the receiver and ESC are on a board that measures about 1 inch wide by 3/4 inch long and about 1/4 inch thick antenna is about 3 1/2 inches long battery is a single cell 70mah li-po plane has lots of down and right thrust I would guess 7 to 10 degrees down and maybe 4 or five degrees right I think with practice it might be able to handle a very slight breeze access to the inside of the plane is made by removing the upper half of the fuselage from the rear window to the nose it is held in place by the side decals I will re-attach it with Scotch tape. Seems to be very well thought out and their are a multitude of small stick and tissue designs in the 12" to 24" range that this unit would be ideal for I do not know but I suspect that the transmitter is not a four channel unit, it does have 2 two axis sticks that also activate a micro switch by pushing down on the sticks but it is only the left switch that is used it also has a mode select switch that is inactive the case seems to be glued shut and the place where the screws that would normally open the case just have blank plugs but I suspect that the horizontal axis on the left stick is not wired to anything.

Richard