RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glo plug connector
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 09:59 PM
kamakazi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glo plug connector

None of the cheap fixes are as good as a plain old control rod connector. The kind that has a pin that goes through the servo horn and a clip holds it on. Great Planes makes them in 12 packs or larger. Just drill out the hole big enough so it will fit over the glow plug pin. The handy allen head set screw will tighten up on the glow plug pin so tight i've never had one to slip. This aint my origional idea, i saw it yrs ago in RCM, it works great. Lastly, solder a wire to the pin thats origionally meant to go through the servo horn with some shrink tubing to help relieve the strain and you got a connection that cost about a Quarter. Run these wires to a switch and then to a Radio Shack C or D size battery holder. Run the end of the other wire coming out of the battery holder to a mounting screw on the engine block comleting the circuit. According to the club that designed this ingenious little device, they can fly all evening with one battery with the power on the entire flight time turning it off only when the plane lands. I've never tried this , but i do leave my battery on until im out on the runway and ready to fly, then turn it off, i hate flameouts just when im ready to take off.