RCU Forums - View Single Post - FG MT tips I found helpful!
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 PM
PBJT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG MT tips I found helpful!

I have owned my FG MT for a little under 2 months and 10+ tanks of fuel. Here is what I have learned using the truck and search the internet including this site. Maybe all this info will help others. or maybe everyone else knows but me.

Removing the rear sway bar is a great benifit off road with no noticable problem with it missing on road.

Dump out the stock shock oil, go with 40-45 in frt and 50-70 in rear, higher the number thicker the oil and better for landing larger jumps.

Twin 805BB steering servos really help in tight spots crawling over rough terrain.

Rich fuel mixture is not cheap insurance for a 2 stroke, just costs more in spark plugs and agrivation.

The lay shaft gear will break a tooth if you don't let off the gas during a jump.

If you add an addional tail pipe on the stock exhaust (ie duals) there is noticable gains.

The FG Tuned pipe gives you a VERY nice smooth power band, good top end increase and great lower and also what I like, is quieter for the neighbors. Now I need better brakes.

Drill 2 1/8 holes on the inside of each rim to allow the tire to breath and handle the bumps better.

Replace the cheap on/off switch with a good quality sealled switch.

Sand binds up the yellow engine cut off switch, so no amount of pulling the pull start will fix Gotta pop it back out.

Frt tires are marked with M for medium rubber compond, rears are marked H for hard, get it right.

If I tie strap the left and right side of the engine tight to the rear diff carrier housing I no longer break Lay gears.

Frt uprights/knuckles are plastic with a steel inner collar, but with the factory washers between the control arms and uprights the factory bolts are not long enough to reach the steel inner collar.

Frt steering tie rods are mounted below the upright arm from factory, and if mounted on top of the upright arm now run parrallel with the control arms and frt bump steer is virtually elliminated.

I did notice a good difference when I switched from champion to NGK spark plugs.

Thats all I can remember now, hope this helps. sry bout the spiling misteaks ehh.

PBJT