RCU Forums - View Single Post - Controller Heat Related Problem - Part Deux
Old 07-21-2007, 04:13 PM
BB_DF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Controller Heat Related Problem - Part Deux

Hi Moti,
First, test your board to see if it's acting up under high temp conditions of 90-95F+, by doing the LED test I described earlier. If it's not acting up, don't worry about trying to fix it.

On the Berg receiver - don't fly it with the receiver loose. I tried this and the Rx will always vibrate loose and unplug itself after a couple of minutes. Luckily the DF landed itself safely every time! Also the solder point of the delicate antenna wire connecting the Berg to the PC board will break from the flexing motion, and it's hard to access the arming button.

The clear silicone glue they use doesn't work at all (see pic). It's easy to peel off after it seperates. I used the solution recommended by Old Man Mike, which is 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive. I coated the PC board and the Rx shrink wrap with a thin coat, and let it dry for a couple of minutes. I then applied a thicker layer and clamped the Rx against the board for 24 hrs. The Rx is under a great deal of spring tension applied by the angle of the connector pins, so it takes a strong adhesive to hold it. Make sure you first have a good solder connection on the small antenna wire connected to the board, because you can't access it after you glue the Rx to the board. The 3M black adhesive is quite messy, but it really does the job.

Ciao,
Bruce
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92766.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	727535