RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jka Questions?
Thread: Jka Questions?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 05:50 PM
Montague

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jka Questions?

Mark,
where in NJ? To be honest, my club here in MD isn't all that far, I've driven up to parts of NJ and back in a day. My club is right off I-95, just south of Baltimore.

As for events in PA close to NJ, the contest in Montrose isn't all that far, but it's not close either, again, depending on where in NJ you are. And if you can do Montrose, Endicott, NY is only 20min from there.

And yes, MD is very much closer to most of NJ than the western edge of PA. It's a 6hr drive from Phili to Pittsburgh, and that's right down the Penn turnpike (thump-thump, thump-thump...). It's 4.5 hrs from my field (Freestate RC) to the Lincon tunnel in to NYC. And it's roughly 45min from Freestate to the LCAA and PWCRCF.

Actually, Mark, what you need to do is get a contest going up there in NJ. I've seen a few people post from NJ bemoaning the lack of contests in that area. Make it happen, and let me know. I'll probably go and I'll certainly promote it.

btw, I also run an annoucement mailing list for the mid-atlantic region. There is now info on how to join it on the MidAtlanticCombat website.