RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 10:10 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

Hey flying beagle,

I came and checked on the thread a few days ago and noticed the same thing....

I finally finished the steerable tail wheel and rudder linkages, installed the magnets on my hatch, and have started looking at my CoG.

I've had to install both my 1100mah packs behind the wing saddle in the "scoop" area to try and get the CoG back a bit but i will need to add lead at the tail.
Not much, but i'm waiting on my exhaust to be finished and installed before i do the final checks.

Looks like i just might be able to have an almost fully enclosed exhaust setup after all. I found a mate who had the now no longer produced O.S. 1.20 exhaust collet and the boys at work are machining a copy of one up for me, i have some 7/16" stainless tube and will have a pipe place bend it up and flare the end for me.

I might try and get down to the club this week and do some taxi trials with her to see how she sits on the mains and then ready for the test flight. I'll fly her without the cowl and with the standard exhaust for the maiden it my other exhausts takes too long. so if the weather is fine, maiden will hopefull be this weekend!

Thanks

Dave