RCU Forums - View Single Post - my new semi-scale micro build...UPDATED!, new picks
Old 07-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new semi-scale micro build...UPDATED!, new picks

Ok, so I found this cool little model on ebay...and I have decided to convert it to R/C...so I have it all ready to go, I'll test it tomorrow...I'll leave with no predictions...I'd rather wait till I see what it will do...radio is a 2 channel futaba, micro servo, novak XRS...battery is a great planes 11.1volt 910mah li-po(yeah yeah yeah, I know, li-po and water do not mix, but the way its mounted if it gets wet then the boat has sunk, which I also highly doubt being an issue after a float test...its right where it should be)...so we will see...the motors came with the model kit, it was intended to run on 4AA batteries so this battery wire to the motors in series will put 5.5 volts to each motor, enough to scream without burning up, the motors are very cheap small brushed units and are easily replacable when the do go(which the will eventually)...and one of the best things...the motors counter rotate one another so no prop walk(NICE!) should be quick Im not expecting great speeds, but for how small it is it should be plenty fast...and how cool are twin micro outboards...lemme know what you think...I'll get running shots and maybe a vid tomorrow...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81047.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	729430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72345.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	729431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66167.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	45.9 KB