RCU Forums - View Single Post - A couple problems with my first RC- TT-01 w/ MC330R ESC
Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 AM
DaveInLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple problems with my first RC- TT-01 w/ MC330R ESC

This is my first hobby-grade RC car, and I'm just about done, but a few things have come up.

1. I've done RC planes before, so I know to turn on the radio before plugging the battery into the ESC. However, even when I do that, the steering servo will make a quick jerk and then the car's wheels will start turning (in reverse at about half speed) before I even touch any controls. I can stop it by quickly pulling the throttle trigger. I suppose this has something to do with the ESC, but I'm not sure what I have to do. It's the Futaba MC330R.

2. I forgot to mention that this is a TT-01. If you're familiar with the TT-01, you know you can't take out the motor once everything is installed without taking out the entire rear suspension. The first thing I did when I got the car was install the motor Orion Method R) with the alum motor plate, and it was in there tight-- it didn't budge at all when you pushed on it. However, I recently decided to change the connectors on the motor leads, but I did it while the motor was still in the chassis. I foolishly applied a lighter to the heat shrink around the new connectors, and the heat from the flame must have warped the plastic tub chassis a bit. Now, the motor moves a little when you push on it. The chassis looks straight, but when I place it on a flat surface, the rear end will rock a bit. When I throttle the motor, it wiggles. I'm thinking of buying a new tub TT-01 chassis (like $9) and starting over, but I REALLY don't want to do that. But do I have a choice?