RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2 A Warthog Flies!!!! YeHaaaaa!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:41 AM
tangerine-jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2 A Warthog Flies!!!! YeHaaaaa!

The challenge I would have on the A-10 from Demarco would be to find two suitable 1/2A fan units for TD .049s. This would make a great lekky DF to be sure, but without twin screaming TDs what's the point? I may just do a lekky simply because the LHS has fan units ready available for cheap. Or maybe I can figure out a way to use sure-starts instead of the TDs? Hmmm, I feel the need to buy some balsa......

From what I remember of the plans (which as I stated are two sided/ two color overlap and hard to read clearly) the plane itself has a long nose section and the fans are near the wings, so balance shouldn't be a problem. There are no real surprizes to the construction, pretty standard "former and sheet" type stuff.

Crap, now you've gone and got my scratchbuilding bug all woken up now and I've barely finished my Eindecker (I'll finish the build thread, promise!), let alone there is NOTHING I can do RC right now. I'll get my SWMBO to take the plans to Kinkos and have 3 copies made, first come first serve!