RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why do we have outlandish fees to join AMA clubs?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why do we have outlandish fees to join AMA clubs?

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

The club collectively decided to cut dues for new members at a recent meeting.
Only for new members? Existing members pay more? What were the dues before and after the cuts? Your crusade to reduce costs to attract new members is admirable but it would be nice to know just where the club found the wherewithal to do this. Were the dues more than they needed to fund and sustain the operation?
Red,

I wish I knew you were sincere and truly desired to understand. Forgive me but somehow I feel you only desire to pick at everything I say and I would ultimately have to defend every word.

It really is very simple; the guys got together and said let's get it done...and it was. Your club could do the same but there needs to be the will.
Mark, Our club dues ($50/yr) just cover our expenses, field Lease $750/yr, porta john, mowing equipment maintenance and gas, shelter maintenance, newsletter, web site http://www.flying-gators-mac.com/ and some minor incidentals. We have no initiation fee. Not much wiggle room here. Is there some reason you can't answer a direct question as to how you managed to reduce your dues and by how much? A lot of us would like to know, but wonder if any reduction that would not break the club would attract new members. So your club got it done - HOW?
Red,

I am not sure but I think if you were to cut dues to the new members for the first year or so it would not decrease your revenue or increase your costs that much. I guess somehow you see it different...