RCU Forums - View Single Post - Got my Dave Patrick Edge Today!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 04:04 PM
rongreg13
My Feedback: (129)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Dave Patrick Edge Today!!!

I'm in the same frame of mind as you when it comes to an engine. If I were going to put gas, I think the best bet might be something like a ZDZ40 or a nice powerful 2.4 because the airframe is so light. I called Dave Patrick Models yesterday to order the instrument panels, and I talked to Dave Patrick himself. He recommends going with the pull-pull setup for elevator in all circumstances. He said the only time he would even CONSIDER using the tail mounted servos is if he had a big, heavy gasser that needed to be balanced. I'm with him on that one as the pull-pull is a much tighter connection and the balanced control surfaces do not need a monster servo. As far as the ailerons, I'm still going back and forth as to one or two servos. I firmly believe that it only needs one, but I might just put two in to be safe. The added weight would only be the weight of the one extra servo basically. I'm using Futaba 9252s which are relatively light. The more and more I think about it, I think the best route may end up being a Moki engine w/ Dave Patrick's custom Bisson muffler, two aileron servos, and a single pull-pull setup for the elevators. Oh well, maybe I'll change my mind again by tomorrow!