RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super New
Thread: Super New
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Sicarius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super New

Hey guys, I'm back again.

Bad news though, I was flying last night (still plenty bright out and absolutely no wind) and well, things went bad PRETTY much. A dog ran by me in the park and flat out distracted me and boom Crash the plane took a pretty hard landing. The propeller was bent ( I bent it back into place, but I think I will need a new one) and the front part of the fuselage (the plastic) broke a bit, I'm also thinking something with the engine went screwy, whether it be the positioning or the rod or something (I will take a picture later).

It was definitely a big killer on my confidence level but I know I gotta keep trying - I guess I will do the flight sim a lot more now. It wasn't even that i wasn't high enough, it's just that by the time I reacted to the plane going down, I panicked and kaboom.

So firstly, I'm wondering could I Just tape the plastic back together with scotch tape or would that not work?

Secondly, if this plane cannot be permanently fixed should I Just invest into a more advanced plan, sign up for a nearby club next year and just learn to work with an aileron type plane off of a trainer? I was talking to a trainer at the hobby shop and he said that you just connect both controllers together and it's kind of a duel control system and that's how people learn.

Anyway, without rambling too much long story short: scotch tape for a front fix & use this plane as an experiment and learn on a more advanced plane from a trainer next year.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's really in the budget for an in between plane where I take a beginner plane and learn from a trainer. This is partially because I am impatient, and partially because I'd be spending more than I want to (especially with me being a teenager and lacking a job + university and that junk)

Anyway,
big bummer!