RCU Forums - View Single Post - ? HS 5955 Gear Train ?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ? HS 5955 Gear Train ?

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

In the meantime, those new 5955 servos are working out just fine in the Sukhoi. Looking hard and I can't seem to find anyplace to complain. Guess it may be time to go back to the maker I had spent so many years with in their beginnings.
Just to chime in, Pat, I *was* the MOST DIE-HARD "JR Fan" out there for decades. Didn't believe there was ANYONE that made a better servo. Then, a friend turned me onto the Hitec 5955TG. Within 4 months, (driven because of toy money limitations) EVERY JR 8611 with new, sloppy gears found it's way to a new home, and EVERY one of my airplanes enjoyed the solid slop-free setup the Hitecs provide.

I bought the programmer to match asymmetric elevator tracking issues caused by "bad builder" (me) and THAT plus the DOD videos on programming brought me up the curve very quickly. I eventually realized that once "centers" are set, per servo, if you document it, you can tweak the "end points" so that you do not have to have different ATV in the TX for mixed channels. That little trick made setups much easier for me.

Converting my setups to the A123 LiIon batteries, 20ga extensions, and 5955's, I have not had ANY concerns about either voltage loss or torque drop in my applications (all 30% planes, though). The 5955's are still slop free after many flights.