RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 09:50 PM
radman0184

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Hey thanks ALLABOUTFUNHOBBIES! I really appreciate the help. That tuning guide explains things a lot better. I just got back from the hobby shop and bought a couple extra glow plugs, some new fuel line, and a servo failsafe. I bought the OS A3 plugs so I hope those should work ok. Tomorrow I'll have to change that fuel line just in case and maybe I'll change the o-ring on the fuel tank. One thing I do know is when I tried and put my finger over the exhaust hole and pull the cord sometimes the fuel goes back into the carb after a couple pulls and sometimes it will only move like a 1/2 inch for every fuel. It's weird, it's not very consistant like earlier today the car was running good at a high idle as I was trying to adjust the carb a little at a time. I got the low speed set right according to the "pinch test" and when I went to take off to test the high speed the car chugged right away and died. So I leaned out the high speed screw and tried again, same thing but the car revved a little higher before it died. So I adjusted (leaned) it more and the car died the same. By this time there is oil dripping out the exhaust so I blew out the pressure port on the exhaust and put the hose back on and tried to start and the car just sputters but wont start. I'm guessing it was flooded because of the pull cord getting hard to pull, does that sound right?? Do I need to adjust the high speed leaner and the low speed more leaner because doesn't the high speed adjustment change the low speed? And it definitly seems like an airleak somewhere (maybe why is would stall out on higher throttle) it's just weird how the fuel doesn't draw back consistantly every time only here and there or when it warmed up, have there been a problem with the fuel tanks cracking in these things? I don't know... I will replace the fuel line, check everything again and let you know. Thanks again for the help. One more question, if I was to replace the controller for this thing(cuz the stock one seems like it would break the first time I drop it) would I have to get an AM one and would I have to change the receiver to match the controller?? Or what kind should I get?