Thread: Yellow P-47
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 03:42 PM
AC2
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vince, FW190,

Thanks for the advice.

I thought the control surfaces were kinda heavy but I am going to keep em as is. The adendum suggest using 90oz servos minimum on flaps and ailerons which I will use 111oz.
I will also put more hinges as suggested and plan on using heavy duty control horns/rods.

Thie wing calls for three different sizes of cloth. I am assuming these will all end up stacked (layered) upon each other? Otherwise you would have edges where the glass transitions to the next size. Do you guys use epoxy here or resin? The instructions say that resin does not cure over some epoxies so if you can give any help in this area I would much apreciate it.

The other area of concern is the resin and the stabilit glue. They say to use stabilit glue and then reinforce area with glass and resin. Well, I also heard that resin and glass does not add strength but is only for allowing a surface for paint.

As you can tell I am pretty unfamiliar with working with glass kits and glassing the wing for paint. I have built numerous all balsa kits with monokote covering so this is a new area for me.

Gotta learn someday so it might as well be now. I'm gonna have an American Eagle P-40 built for me later this year but this Yellow kit has almost everything done so I figure it would be a great kit for learning. Looks much easier than the Byrons!

AC