RCU Forums - View Single Post - Noobie Q, help starting boat please.
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:24 AM
mr hydro 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noobie Q, help starting boat please.

The steps I take for a good start,every time.

(1) take the glow plug out and with the carb wide open,use your finger to cover the carb, pull the motor over a few times to flood it, P.S. KEEP A RAG OVER THE MOTOR so you don't get a face full of fuel,(2) now take your finger of the carb (still keeping the rag over the glow plug hole, and pull the motor over several times to get the flooded fuel all out,and lift the boat bow up to empty the tune pipe that is probably full of fuel.(3) put the glow plug back in and fire it up,( P.S.If the new motor pulls over hard losen the plug a turn & a half),at this point the boat should fire right up,tighten the plug back up if you had to losen it, quickly.Now if the boat sounds gargaly even at 1/4 to half throttle and stays running, try it , if it stalls when it hits the water it probaly to rich,if the motor runs high pitch and erratic at near close to 1/4 throttle its to lean.

This is how I do it when the a new motor give me a hard time ,,I go back to basic.
P.S. alway check to see if your tune pipe is full of fuel ,if you suspect that the motor is flooded.