RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 10:18 AM
h2oBound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

New to the RC Surfer, went camping with some friends in Carpenteria, CA a few weeks ago. Sitting by the water, enjoying the view, and all of a sudden this little guy comes ripping through the 1-2 ft surf.....We all looked at each, and with a collective "We have got to get one (or a few) of those" it all started....

I found this forum (Thanks to all here for there experience and info).

Picked one up Sunday @ Toys-R-Us for $64 + change = tax.

Now if anyone would be so kind as to offer their input, just a few questions.

I saw an earlier post in this thread (Thanks rpmsurf) about replacing the battery with the 4200 Nimh. I went to my local Hobby store yesterday for some info. I was told that putting the 4200 Nimh in was no problem. (Ni-Cd vs. Nimh?) He said I would get the additional rum time (approx. 30 min.) and by using the faster charger I could get a full charge in about 1 hour. Does that sound about right? Not that I don't trust him, but he IS trying to sell me a $44 battery and $49 charger.

Without a full blown mod, I'm basically just trying to get a bit more speed and longer run time. I did purchase the metal prop ($9) which he said will increase the speed a bit. What about the Nimh? Does that affect speed as well? According to Hobby guy it does.

I'm also thinking about having the wife sew on a rash gaurd. you think that would affect the wieght and performance too much. I know, sounds absurd, but with (3) of us running the same time, looking for some individuality.

Well thanks to everyone for their patience, and again for all your help.

Now I need to go try that new prop out.............Later

H20 Bound