RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quique Somenzini YAK-54S 73"
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:36 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quique Somenzini YAK-54S 73"

Micheal
I think that you need to 1st know the difference between a 4-stroke and 2-stroke GF IC engine. That is the reason for the price difference.... A OS1.60 FX is a 2-stroke... Alll the Saito and YS engines are 4-stroke.... More parts and more milling ext... =cost more to make..
I think that to go into all the details here would be going off topic.. I think that you may want to puch in some rcuniverse searches about glow engines, batteries and power requirements for a aerobatic plane vrs. a sport plane...
Read some things about that stuf and then when you get a little more info about the IC Glow engines we can talk... welcome to PM me if you like...
Justin

ORIGINAL: Michaelvg11

Another Question...
Gas is out of the question because I do not have a safe place to store the fuel, plus I can't have my townhouse smell like gas...
This means I am down to GF. What are you guys going with? I don't want too big but I don't want too small. I am not a hovering kind of guy yet. I know Qui Que recommends a few GF engines and I know I definitely want a 4 stroke. Why is OS so cheap compared to YS and Saito? IS everyone going with the YS?

Also, what six volt receiver battery do you recommend? IS the standard one that comes with futaba ok? OR is there a better brand?

Thanks for you help again.
Michael