RCU Forums - View Single Post - Optic 6 case handle
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:44 PM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Optic 6 case handle

Interesting that X-Jet and I (and who knows who else) have had some posts "Moderated" off this thread.(As X-jet predicted would happen in one of his posts)

Maybe it's time that HiTec admit that they have a serious design flaw with the Optic 6 cases and do something about it. I wonder how many of these have been dropped, used again, planes lost and people put at risk. I know that if I ever get involved in another investigation where people have been injured, the first thing I will ask is what radio was used and what its history is - If it is one of these units, the suspicion level will definitely be very high. (I am professional enough to do proper root cause analysis in such an investigation and not go on the first suspicion)

It's a shame really, Electronically, they are a good radio. either a simple modification to the core insert for the mould or a change in the material used will solve this whole handle breakage problem but it seems it must be just too hard to do. Nearly every field that I have visited which has more than one of these units has either a unit with a broken handle or an owner that has had the case replaced.

This Is a Real issue with these Radios and it needs to be addressed.