RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please help
Thread: Please help
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 06:57 AM
Rogue670
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

I just recently purchased the Mercedes dlk RC car from radio shack. Ya Ya I know, you can stop laughing now. Well I have done some modifications to it such as making it lighter and some other minor things because I wanted to see if I could get its speed to increase. Well after I started tinkering with it I got hooked on trying to make it faster. Well since then I have purchased a faster motor for it than its wimpy stock mabuchi. But I was disapointed in the result. It top end speed was slightly faster but it was really sluggish on the get go. So I thought maybe the motor I got for it was just defective. Not so. I wired the new motor directly to a battery and it had so much power and torque it just about jerked out of my hand. So I came to the conclusion that there was too much resistance between the battery and the new motor via the jumble of electronics. So my question is this. Is there any way I can modify the radio shack curcuit board so I can deliver more juice to the motor? By the way, the new motor I have installed in my radio shack special is the Traxxas Stinger 20 turn motor. Like I said, I got it to work but I want all the torgue and power I can get if possible. Please help me out. I can enclose an attachment of the circuit board if need be. Thanks