RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum DX6 Setup
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 PM
TheBum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX6 Setup

ORIGINAL: darnoff

I have installed a Spektrum DX6 on my Falcon 3D and I have A LOT of doubts in the process...maybe you can help me with some advices.

As far I can get, the Throttle curve means:

0% = Stick down
50% = Stick on middle
100%= Stick on top

That means for each porcentage number there are an association with a specific stick position.
Each incremental point on the throttle curve represents a stick position (i.e. the first point is down, the second is middle, and the third is up) and the percentages represent the percentage of full throttle to apply at those stick positions. You'll usually see that a throttle curve is not linear (the mid-stick throttle is typically greater than 50%) because the output power from a motor is not linear.

The Pitch curve is very similar, but I don't understand how can I associatte the numbers of the Pitch curve (0%,50%,100%) with the pitch angle of the blades in each control point.

So, the question...how can I modify the angle of blades with the programming features of the radio?
The percentages will vary depending on the maximum/minimum pitch of the helicopter. You need a pitch gauge to determine that. The Finless CCPM setup videos are really helpful for this purpose. Once you know the pitch range that the heli is capable of, you can determine the percentage that represents a pitch angle. For instance, if the heli is capable of +/- 12 degrees of pitch, 0% in the pitch curve is -12 degrees, 25% is -6, 50% is 0, 75% is +6, and 100% is +12.