RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation
Old 08-06-2007, 01:40 AM
BendR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Thanks guys!

ke4jjh, [:@]OWCH! Man, sorry to hear about that. Was there nerve or tendon damage? Hope it heals ok and your back up in no time. Darn props have no mercy.

Down, 35MPH winds? I would have messed myself! Almost did as it was and wind was 20 gusting to 25. That's what the weather man said when I got home anyway, although out at the sport airfield it's always a bit more.??? The dirt and dust was being kicked up on the other side of the hanger (car side) where they are doing some constuction work. The ramp and flying feild was ok. I was hoping to get some more stick time yesterday but the rain moved in and stayed. We needed it in a bad way but it could have waited until today to do so. Oh well, can't have it all.

I did get quite a bit of sim time yesterday and I can say that even when you overpower it, the sim still does not do it justice. After flying the real thing I realized how slow the sim seemed. Flying *(the real thing)* in the wind was pretty cool though after settling down and thinking about the flight. Haulin' downwind and then turn into the wind and just stop in mid air. Good Stuff!!

OK now I'm just babbling[sm=bananahead.gif]. More coffee, need more coffee[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]