RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aurora 60 Build Thread - Electric Power
Old 08-06-2007, 08:48 PM
chronos333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aurora 60 Build Thread - Electric Power

The lg mounts: It'a a secret method held by the one who fly bad like me (aka who don't fly pattern [:'(])!
14X12 had a far better prop brake, I was able to land a lot slower with it... when it was glow the 11X12W was stressful to land... 1991 I was 12 yrs old at the time ... the paved runway was less than 150ftX12ft ... surrounded by grapes... had to land engine cut to come in slow enough everytime.
My new cg (1st flight with a rx battery in the tail on the vid) is too rearward:
- stall turns are next to impossible (they usually are my fav as I do them in less than 1/2 wingspan diameter without engine help ... I am no cheater)
- snaps give you 3/4 turn for free and are really nasty (check them out on the vid they are really really nasty)
- plane is twitchy and laterally unstable (as you can see from the way I correct it with the ailerons)
Yet I still lack ailerons throws, 4 pointers have to be with the stick in the corner!
Yes I don't fly pattern anymore, competition brought all the fun out of the hobby when I was young.
Now I fly the way I like, the way I feel.