RCU Forums - View Single Post - AR7000 won't bind
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:35 PM
leyland384

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AR7000 won't bind

That sounds like a LINKING problem, not a BINDING problem. If both the satellite and main receivers don't lock on at power up, the system won't work.

Check to make sure the patch cable that connects the satellite to the main receiver isn't loose, or partly disconnected. Try unplugging the cable on both ends, check for bend or damage pins, then plug everything back together.

Also, you could try taking a satellite receiver and cord from a known "good" receiver and plugging in to this main RX and see if there is a problem with the satellite unit. You might have to rebind if you attempt this...

I was installing a receiver in a model, and I powered up without the satellite plugged in, and this type of bahavior resulted. The main receiver stopped flashing, but wouldn't work until I reconnected the satellite and cycled power.

Also, just curious, but how close is your transmitter to the receiver when you power up? Try moving it a few feet away.

Seems odd that waiting 10 minutes would make much difference... you might end up sending that in to get it looked at.

Adam