My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help with Tx & RX frequency

Originally posted by Hayes
OK,

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/antennas.htm

Thanks for the help!!!!
OK Marc,
I see your going with a duck antenna.Well with a short stick on the RX you have less capture area.
Another member and I were talking about this last night.
Since I can't contact him I left his name out put i'm posting the info he sent me.
Read below==================================

As for a "Rubber Duck" antenna, what a coincidence - I just read a response from AnnMarie Cross regarding this matter:
"Note, in the US, unless your "rubber ducky" is produced by or certified with the transmitter by the manufacturer, it is against FCC regulation to use and is voiding your AMA insurance as well as your club/site's insurance if any."
This has to do directly with regulation 95.222:
"95.222 (R/C Rule 22) May I make any changes to my R/C station transmitter?
(a) You must not make or have any-one else make an internal modification to your R/C transmitter.
(b) Internal modification does not include:
(1) Repair or servicing of an R/C station transmitter (see R/C Rule 21, 95.221); or
(2) Changing plug-in modules which were certificated as part of your R/C transmitter.
(c) You must not operate an R/C transmitter which has been modified by anyone in any way, including modification to operate on unauthorized frequencies or with illegal power. (See R/C Rules 9 and 10, 95.209 and 95.210.)
{48 FR 24894, June 3, 1983, as amended at 63 FR 36610, July 7, 1998}
EFFECTIVE DATE NOTE: At 63 FR 36610, July 7, 1998, 95.222 was amended in paragraph (b)(2) by removing the term ‘‘type accepted’’ and adding in its place ‘‘certificated’’, effective Oct. 5, 1998."
Having said/read all that, it would seem we can't legally change the antenna the way you propose, even though some people do (I wish we could). Most people drive above the speed limit too, but that doesn't make it legal.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Can you tell me how your feeding that duck antenna?
Also I don't think you have a problem.
You went to a short antenna on both the RX and TX so your range test will be less.
Put the stock antenna back on both units and set the plane on the hood of your car.
You will get 200 feet or better. I built up a pre amp for my RX and converted the antenna to a dipole.
That gives me more capture area and the pre amp will boost up a weak signal.
I haven't tried it as of now but I have to be careful because if the RX is to sensitive it just may pick up unwanted signals from another source.
It sure would be nice if the manufactures redesigned a new receiver and had a roofing crystal that would get rig of a lot of crud but keep the signal you want.
They can't kill me for experimenting with the RX so what the TX lacks I can make up for it with a good receiver