RCU Forums - View Single Post - AR7000 won't bind
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 08:00 AM
leyland384

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AR7000 won't bind

Yes, That is what I was doing too... I wanted to see what would happen if there was no satellite. I would think that the system would not connect without the satellite attached at power-up. This would ensure everything is working properly at power up, and make it impossible to power up and fly without the satellite attached. Then, to take things a step further, I would think that if everything powers up okay and THEN you uplug the satellite, it should continue working on the main RX as long as power is not cycled. (This would simulate a wire coming loose in flight). That's how I would design it... The problem is, what about a case where the wire comes loose, then there is a power brown out due to a poor electrical setup? Uh oh. Multiple failure point.

I wonder if this could be what's causing some of the crashes. If the satellite connection is bad or broken, then the plane has a brown out due to a bad power set up, does it reconnect? This is one of those multiple failure scenarios.

I haven't specifically tried this, but I'm going to see what happens when I get home tonight.
Interesting... maybe even scary?

Adam