RCU Forums - View Single Post - 50cc Edge V2 has landed
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50cc Edge V2 has landed

ORIGINAL: R.J. Rose Ocala FL

That does not sound right to me. I did some rough measurements of mine with the cowl on. Measuring through the air inlets the right side of the firewall (aft looking forward, left side looking at the tail) is about 1/4" aft of the left side. Looking forward with the canopy hatch removed, it appears that my engine mount bolts are approximately 1/2" disposed to the left (aft looking forward). This with a DA50. Allowing for the fact that you have a different engine, the centerline of the mount system should be somewhere in the range of 3/8" - 1/2" left of center (aft looking forward).

I don't know which is correct but will tell you that even with the apparently greater right thrust angle, I still have to hold a hair (or is it hare?) of right rudder takeoff climb or vertical climb to maintain a straight line.
Yeah, this has got me a bit worried. And...I am using a DA50 engine also. Mine appears to be an 1/8" to the left and that is all. I mounted the engine exactly like the manual said and I'm exactly certered in the cowl. Based on that I must determine my fire wall is mounted incorrectly. I guess I'll review that and try to correct it.

Thanks
Barry