RCU Forums - View Single Post - JETCENTRAL OR JET CAT
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 04:00 PM
gluit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JETCENTRAL OR JET CAT

ORIGINAL: strawboss

I too was stricken by the RAM bullet. My first turbine engine was a RAM 1000, I paid $2795 for it during a X-mas special and the warranty was outstanding....However, by the time I actually had it in an aircraft they were out of business. I must have only gotten less then 10 flights on that engine, these days we do that in one Saturday at the Willow.

The jet central lifetime warranty in my opinion is a band-aid for a much larger wound called unreliability. Now I know some of you out there have had good success with the jet central, congratulations, but in my eyes that still does not trump the countless involvements in damaged/destroyed aircraft, fires, and downtime to all those jet pilots who believed the Hype over this extended warranty business. Honestly, I know this is a touchy subject and do not want to be a part of a war, but these two engines should not be compared side by side. I am not trying to sell JetCat engines, they sell themselves, I am only sharing my experiences to save a jet pilot from learning the hard way like many of us have done. I tried to do this by suggesting to our good buddy and Comp-Arf rep in Arizona to steer clear of these people, he too was lured in with a free engine and hype of the "Clapper", and said he was going to give it a shot. Less then a year later, he is back to JetCat.
Must be Darcy Wingo. Cool guy in IMAC if I remember right. I have never seen a plane roll as fast as his orange jet. Thanks, Aman