RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky Lama V4 Observations & Info
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Dale_G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky Lama V4 Observations & Info

I still need to upload the photos of the heli with the xtreme parts, once I put it back together. (I have to put it back together b/c a roll of fabric (thanks Dear...) fell on the heli and crushed it.) I was able to straighten out the Extreme landing gear, but the lower center holder set got bent along with the outer shaft assembly. The stock lower center unit is going back on it.

I was going to get upgraded motors and more aluminum parts, but the fact is that I want to progress to a 3D collective pitch heli, so I'm not going to spend any more on the Esky V3/4. I priced out full bling and new motors and was into the territory where I could just buy a better heli.

I am going forward with plans to put longer servo arms on the cyclic pitch servos

I still have to input some right rudder because the heli drifts to the left, even though I've used up all the rudder trim and pot adjustment on the 4-in-1. I'll just have to deal with it from now on.

For those of you still interested, Extreme has come out with new parts that, while being advertised for the Blade CX2, they look like they would work with the Esky v4. I had to purchase an Esky v3 frame to make my V4 work with the earlier Extreme parts. Miracle-Mart.com sells the extreme parts, but it looks like their online store is down until August 21st.