RCU Forums - View Single Post - KADET LT-25 BUILD
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 03:20 PM
mmmexico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KADET LT-25 BUILD

This is the last up-date. I finished it up with a few more changes. I substituted larger wheels for the suggested 3" ones. Where I fly it is a little rustic and it is not unknown for me to need to land in the dirt...so I have larger and stronger wheels front and on the tail.

Attached are two photos of the finished product. I did not post a picture of the underside of the wings which has two, broad yellow stripes running from the leading edge to the trailing edge on both sides of the wing. Anything to help me see.

I read the instructions for the TT .25 engine and it was suggested that this engine doesn't need much break-in...so I ran a little less than a tank through it...and today I went to the field to go flying. The control throws were set as per the instructions and resulted in a very midly flying plane almost difficult to turn...but probably much harder to get into trouble.

It taxied very nicely for a tail dragger and I was able to cleanly take off without incident in a 10mph cross wind blowing 90 degrees to the runway..,.for my skill level this was impressive...on most days this would result in the wind getting under a wing and rolling me over. On the other hand I was concentrating very hard so as to not crash my plane in front of the local club members.

After I stopped shaking I noted that it needed a fair amount of down trim on the elevator...but maybe I started off with too much up-trim...anyhow when the flight was over the trim that I had imputed was not much more than a 16th of an inch...by the way, when I balanced the plane it needed weight in the front but my heavy prop nut from Higbey created perfect balance.

The landing was also in a cross wind but I kept it on our fairly narrow strip...all in all a very nice day...one more note... the Pitts style muffler is wonderful...the plane required absolutely no clean-up after the first flight...I'm not building anymore planes that don't incorporate this style of muffler. This is the end of this thread for me...anymore up-dates will be on the crash page.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63129.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	745215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84157.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	745216